Sunday, November 17, 2013

Laying on of ... Paws?

I was ordained to the priesthood yesterday (Roman Catholic Women Priests).  I'd given my dog to a friend to hold on to while I sat at the front of the church, but Ekko cried and cried to the point where I got up and got him to be with me.  He settled down and laid at my feet.

He stayed at my feet during the laying on of hands and all through the ordination. After the ordination part of the mass was over, I was hugged by my colleagues.  Guess who jumped right into the thick of things?  

(c) Lady of the Lens, 2013                                                                                                                                                     
(c) Lady of the Lens, 2013



(c) Lady of the Lens, 2013

These photos were taken by Silke Force, of Lady of the Lens Photography.  Her facebook page is Lady of the Lens Photography


1 comment:

Michele Simpson said...

Very cute story! Congrats on your ordination